Ragley Piglet 27.5” Hardtail Frame Features:
• All Mountain/Trail frame
• Custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly steel
• Fork range: Optimised for a 130mm fork with tapered steerer and external lower headset cup but can accommodate 120/130/140mm forks.
• Updated Trail geometry designed for 27.5” wheels
• 27.5+” Wheel compatibility – For rims of 35mm wide (Internal) and tyres up to 2.8”
• Taperlite Seat tube with internal dropper seatpost compatibility
• Three Finger” chainstay bridge is exclusive to Ragley, and allows massive tyre clearance and gives resilience to any attempted chainsuck/derailment. You can fit 27.5+” wheels with 2.48n rubber without any chainring or tyre clearance issues.
• Bolt on Cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/down tube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up.
• Seat stay mounted post disc brake mount (Max rotor size: 180mm)
• ISCG 05 Tabs
• 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
• ISO 4210 Certified
• Frame comes with Ragley Chain stay protector and Ragley QR Seatclamp
Ragley Piglet 27.5” Hardtail Frame Specifications:
• Head Angle: 65.5˚Static (67˚ Sagged at 25%)
• Seat Angle: 73˚
• Chain stay length: 425mm
• Seatpost: 31.6mm
• Rear Axle: 135mm QR
• Seat Collar: 34.9mm
• Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Band Top Pull
• BB Shell: 73mm BSA
• Headset: 44mm Standard – ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
• Colour Options: Orange/Black or Green/Cream
• Wheel/Tyre Size: 27.5” wheels with 2.4” tyres or 27.5”+ wheels with 2.8” Tyres
• Size Options: S – 15”, M – 17”, L – 19”, XL 21”
• Weight: 6.4lbs/2.9kgs (17” Frame)
First launched in 2009 to acclaim and rave reviews, the Piglet is designed as a trail friendly bike with all mountain capabilities. It leans towards the aggressive end of the trail bike spectrum with a long front centre, short chainstays, low standover and slack headangle. In case you are not familiar with the Ragley range: the Piglet is the Steel version of the Alloy Marley.
Building on the success of the original, we wanted the new Piglet to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible: it is made from custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly Steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as a bolt on cable guides, 44mm head tube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and seat stay mounted disc brake calliper. To bring the frame right up to date we have added a whole host of new features such as 27.5” wheel compatibility, 27.5+Compatibility, better tyre & stand-over clearance and stealth dropper compatibility.
Our updated trail geometry has been designed from the ground up for the new 27.5” wheel size dropping the bottom bracket to an aggressive 305mm. We loved the 425mm chain stay length on the old frame so much that we redesigned the 3 finger bridge to save weight and make clearance for the bigger wheels without the need for longer stays. When coupled with a 130mm travel fork and a short stem, the 65.5˚ head angle (67˚ in the Sag), low BB, bigger wheels and revised geometry result in improved grip, a smoother ride, impeccable trail handling and stability which should see you going up, along and down faster than ever before!
27.5”+ Compatibility means the Piglet is now more versatile than ever! The Tyre clearance from our revised 3 finger bridge is so good that the frame is 27.5”+ compatible; where you can fit 27.5”+ wheels with up to 2.8” tyres allowing you to adapt your Bigwig to suit the conditions you want to ride.
The new Piglet is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. At home on any terrain; from tearing around your local trail centre, snaking down your local singletrack or back country adventures in the middle of nowhere; it will push your skills to new limits and beyond!
|Dimensions||42 x 8 x 28 in|
Small, Medium, Large, Xlarge
|Ragley Color Skeme||